1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
Actually, it was love at first bite!
I'm an anime and manga enthusiast and after moving from my home country to Canada, I suddenly had access to ordering stuff from an anime merchandise website that I was following religiously since a long time. Lo and behold, it did not take me much to dive into their snack department as well, and to my utter surprise, the tastes were AMAZING! Sweets that weren't sugary (compared to what I knew as sweets), savory aromas that you'd never expect on treats...senbei and rusks...MOCHI...oh my god.
Needless to say my soul was sold within seconds.
2. How did you first hear about bokksu?
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
The fact that the curation of snacks was really more...sophisticated, I might say? I also feel that the themes are a great idea, it allows you to get a neat variety of num-numz spinning around the same area or taste.
4. Are you the kind of people who eat your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
Ahem. I try to be a responsible adult, okay? No one says that I always succeed, but at least I do my best. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!~ TT__TT
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
I'm going to cheat and name two, because I really really cannot decide, it's impossiburu! The matcha bread that you guys had last year was BEYOND AMAZING. I think I ordered 2 boxes of it from the market place after, it was insane. I wanted to bathe in matcha bread forever...I get pregnancy craving for it sometimes, and look depressed at the "out of stock" sign on the market, haha. And the ume chips...aaaah, the ume chips. Suppa Mucho Plum is Suppa Mucho Love in this house! They're just. so. damn. good!
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
The fact that it exists in my life <3
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
Yay! Yes I do, with whoever comes by my place! I just love sharing my snacks and making people taste amazingess! Although, I have to be honest and admit that some things are just for momma's taste buds, haha XD
8. Do you guys ever fight over snacks, or do you have different tastes?
No, usually I share all the stuff that comes in doubles, so I get to taste the first one, and I'm happy with that normally. Rarely I'll just keep the second for myself too, if I'm incredibly love struck with the treat. I have an older Bokksu box which is my "stash", an assortment of all the stuff I put aside like the little Smeagle that I am XD
9. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
Ooooh....well maybe something centered around the anime/manga culture, like a box full of snacks featured in those! that would make such a cool collectible book tool, considering you guys have turned the pamphlet into a book!
10. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
The little jelly cups! Hands down little jelly cups! Oh my god they're so funny!
11. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
Ramen, all the way ramen. I would go to a desert island and eat just ramen for the rest of my life and be happy and at peace.
12. Have you ever been to Japan? If no, what do you most want to see or do?
No, I haven't been yet, but it's still in my and my husband's future plans! We'd love to go on one of those crazy food and tea pilgrimages, to discover all of the unique tastes of the different prefectures, while at the same time taking in all of the unique Japanese landscapes and historical sites!
Thanks much for being this month's Member Spotlight!