It's time for December Member Spotlight and I'm so honored to introduce Alfredo to my Bokksu Community! He loves Japanese snacks as much as he loves sharing them. As if he wasn't kindhearted enough already, he's also purchased an extra 12-Month Subscription to give to a different friend each month! We feel so loved, Alfredo! Thank you for being a wonderful Bokksu Member.
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I felt pleasantly surprised and happy to share my experience with Bokksu.
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
I think the most exciting thing about trying Japanese snacks is trying new things I don't know much about or trying things I didn't think could taste good, like an onion pastry.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
I love Japanese snacks because I can literally taste a culture that interest me, and it helps understand it a bit better. Plus they're delicious.
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
My favorite snack would be the Apple & Sweet Potato chips, and my favorite theme was the November Tea one, I love Tea.
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
I think food taste better when it's shared, so I go to my friends place and we finish it in one sitting.
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
I first started learning about Japanese culture when I was in school, and I noticed their lunches looked better than our cafeteria food, so maybe a snack a school kid would eat regularly.
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
I would definitely love to see a cherry blossom season theme.
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
Hunger. Excitement. Hunger. Curiosity. Hunger.
9. What is your favorite winter activity?
Well it rarely snows where I live, so if you stay outside you just end up cold and miserable. What I like to do is eat hot meals and drinks, and cuddle with blankets to watch shows or read books.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Takoyaki. I almost always order some when I go to my local ramen shop.