I'm so excited to introduce Nicholas ("Nico") as our October Bokksu Member Spotlight! He has been a loyal member of the Bokksu Family since the very beginning, thanks to his love for traditional Japanese snacks like mochi and manju! We really appreciate his support :) Read more here about Nico:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I’m very excited! Bokksu snacks are the highlight of my month – thanks!
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
Coming from an American palette, I love how Japanese snacks focus on flavors seldom explored in snacks I grew up with.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
My best friend introduced me to mochi in high school and I never turned back.
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
The matcha theme was my favorite, without a doubt! Those dorayaki were a game changer for me.
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
I’ve loved the Hokkaido- and Osaka-themed Bokksu, and I’d like to see other similar regional or city highlights.
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
It’s like Xmas every month!
9. What is your favorite fall activity?
I love spending Thanksgiving in a different city every year.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?