Kelsey Peace from Illinois
It's Member Spotlight time! This month's Member Spotlight is Kelsey Peace from Illinois. Kelsey's love of all things Japan began with a classic Japanese film. Though she has yet to visit Japan, we are happy to bring a taste of it to her every month! Read what she has to say about her Bokksu experience:
1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
It's a long story, starting sometime in middle school watching Spirited Away for the first time. From there I got more and more interested in Japanese culture and art and, in turn, snacks!
2. How did you first hear about Bokksu?
I was actually having a somewhat bad experience with another snack sub box and was searching for "high quality Japanese snack boxes" through Google and this one was recommended on a website ranking all kind of subscription boxes.
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
The price and the quality of the items. Also having tea/drinks was a big selling point!
4. Are you the kind of person who eats your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
It depends-there are days that I could go through a whole box, others that I just grab a couple things over the course of weeks.
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
The Yatsuhashi from the November box was a snack I wasn't expecting to like so much but the crunch and flavor of it was great!
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
I do-the combination of sweet and savory items as well as the items being more than just small dagashi and cheap candies.
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
For sure! I take boxes over to my friend's to share with them. A lot of times they'll enjoy what I don't so it's an easy way to not waste any snacks.
8. Do you guys ever fight over snacks, or do you have different tastes?
We've got mostly different tastes, though we usually all can agree on something.
9. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
Maybe something based on new and old, like old traditional snacks and new takes on them by a younger generation.
10. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
Maybe more ramune candies, though any of the small handmade candies are really great.
11. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
Puré Gummies are really great! Can't go wrong with mochi, either!
12. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, what was the highlight of your trip?
I've never been but I would love to take the trip one day. I'd love to go for the sights of the surroundings, check out arcades and game stores, and try out some of the convenience store food I've heard about.
Thank you so much Kelsey for being this month's Member Spotlight! I hope you continue to enjoy Bokksu for many months to come!